Thursday, December 11, 2008

What a week..

Last Friday night, I got a call from Denise saying that Norma was in the ER and had been there all day. The doctors there thought she had an aneurysm. I finally got a hold of Daniel and let him know the news and he hurried home from work. I quickly packed everything up and we got on the road to head down to Lacey. Of course everyone was upset and scared. Thankfully, the doctors did some tests and it was actually Meniere's Disease. They released her on Saturday and boy was she happy to see Diego. We really appreciate everyone who prayed for Norma. On the way down I was praying that God would just encourage friends or family to just start praying for the family not knowing what was going on, and right away I got a text from Krysta! It was amazing!!

The doctors say that she can take some medication to help her feel better or try and correct it with diet.. Low Sodium.

We hung out there the rest of the weekend. Monica and Denise helped decorate their house for Christmas. We watched a really great movie called The Fall, and Denise and I totally kicked everyone's butt at Scene It!!! We were a great team, but then the boys took the next round. :)

Daniel and I came back Sunday night. That night our little man decided not to go to sleep until 5AM!!! I slept through it though. I woke up at 5 and saw Daniel walking around with Diego, asked if he ever went to sleep and Daniel says, "Nope!" I have such an amazing husband, letting me sleep through it and feeding him with a bottle(he is such a loving Papa). Maybe because he knew that I had a doctors appointment that morning. Dr. Wang says I am healing very well. :)

School is going good. I got 100% on my first DA Test. It wasn't difficult, Ms. Jeannie is really good about giving us worksheets to study or the test. There is really no reason ANYONE in that class should fail tests. It's funny to me though that people still act like they are in high school there. Looks like I am going to just keep to myself and stay away from drama.

Some new things that Diego is doing this week are: Really getting fixed on a persons face, smiling with HUGE grins, laughing and coo-ing when we talk with him. He had a doctors appointment on Thursday and looks like everything is how it should be. He is over 8 pounds and just wanting to eat more then 4 ounces when he eats.

I am still trying to figure out what I can do for dinners so that Daniel has something to eat when I am at school, instead of waiting until I get home. Any freezer dinner ideas?? That was Daniel can just throw it in the oven.

2 comments:

Mademoiselle Tuesta said...

We were SUCH an amazing team!! They didn't even know what hit them!!!

PS- I miss Diego.

Anonymous said...

diego just gets cuter by the second doesn't he?

p.s. the fall is an awesome movie. i keep telling everyone i know to watch it :)