All week long I have been trying to get Diego to roll from his back to his tummy. The other day when Monica was over, he was attempting to on his own and we held our breath as he came sooooo close! I would help him a little so he got the idea. My mom stayed last night to watch Diego, since originally I was going to go to the Sounders Game, but more on that later. Again, Diego was getting so close but just couldn't get that last UMPH! My mom left this afternoon to go back to Olympia, and while Digs was laying on the floor I walked in to the kitchen for a brief moment... and all of a sudden I did a double take at Digs. HE FINALLY MADE IT OVER!!! So of course the mean mom that I am, (;) I rolled him back on to his back to watch this time. He is getting so good at it. I am so proud of him :)
THE SOUNDERS were GREAT last night!!!! The original plan was that my father in law was going to buy tickets so the whole family could go, but they sold out way to quickly. Daniel and I tried for just two tickets and came up a bust. Daniel was so bummed. I knew how much he wanted to be there. He has been wanting a MLS team for Seattle for a while now. Then, we got word that since his work has a suite they had a ticket for him to go! He tried to get me a ticket but they didn't have one. I was fine with that, the main thing was Daniel could go. We made plans for my mom to come up and watch Diego, since I had school anyway.
On Saturdays at the Arena Daniel coaches for a class and talks with one of the grandparents who happens to be involved with Management for the Sounders. Gary Wright is the Sr. VP for Business Operations. Daniel really enjoys talking with Gary about futbol. This last Saturday, Gary's son asked Daniel if he was going. Daniel said yes, but that he was trying to get for me to come too. Gary's son was trying to get Daniel to ask Gary for tickets, but Daniel doesn't feel right about that. He doesn't want them to think that is the only reason he talks to the family. So the son yells across the room "Hey Dad! Can you get Daniel tickets to the game?!" Gary said. "Sure I'll send you an email!" Daniel couldn't believe it. He was very humbled. Later he got an email saying he got two tickets for us and the other coach who helps with the class. I was way excited to get the chance to go.
The day before the game Daniel and I talked about it and felt that Daniel should actually take his dad. He has recently gone through the lost of a dear Uncle (who was very influential in Jorge's life), and been bummed that he couldn't get tickets either. When Daniel broke the news, Jorge was JUMPING up and down and soooo excited :).
So my mom and I stayed home with Diego and watched the game on TV. MY DAD even watched the game on TV. Daniel said that it was such an amazing experience being there. GO SOUNDERS!!!
OH also, my friend from school was so very sweet and gave me her son's Jumperoo! Diego LOOOOVVVEEEESSSSS it. I love watching him get so excited in it.

No comments:
Post a Comment